Get those shoulders burning!
The shoulders play an essential role in performing everyday tasks and playing sports. They have the most range out of any other body part and are the most extensive and complex joints in the body. There are many exercises that you can do to build muscle, strength, and mass for the shoulder.
Start slowly and gradually extend the duration and intensity of the workout until you can do a little bit more than before. Delts with DLB - these supersets are guaranteed to get your shoulders burning in the best way. Save this workout for your next shoulder day!
A tri-set usually consists of 3 or more exercises that stimulate the same muscle groups in slightly different ways and are performed back to back without rest. The benefit of a tri-set is that you pack more work into a shorter workout. A tri-set will have your shoulders burning and strengthened in no time.
- Seated Press 4 x 10-12
- Push Press 4 x 4-6
- Banded Lateral Partials 4 x FAIL
A superset consists of 2 or more exercises that stimulate muscle groups back to back with a short rest period. Supersets are just as intense as tri-sets, however, they allow for a short rest and give the muscles a little bit of recovery. Combining 2 or more supersets may feel just as hard as a tri-set because they are being performed one after another.
- Arnold Press: 4 x 12 - take the weights to your chest level and rotate your palms so that they are facing your body. Raise the dumbbells up while rotating your palms so they are now facing away from your body.
- Front Raise: 4 x 12 - hold the weights so they are facing your body, arms are straight parallel in front of your body, raise them out in front of you parallel to the ground, lower, and repeat.
- 1.5 Rep Lateral Raise: 4 x 12 - stand with your arms at your sides, palms facing your body and raise them so they are parallel to the floor, lower, and repeat.
- Full ROM Lateral Raise: 4 x 12
The kettlebell clean and press is a dynamic total body exercise and is 2 separate actions combined into 1 movement creating a challenging compound exercise. This works many muscles in the body instead of targeting just the shoulders. Clean and press work by hinging at the hips starting with the kettlebell on the ground, pulling the kettlebell up as you straighten your body then raising your arm above your head with the kettlebell.
KETTLEBELL CLEAN & PRESS
- 4 x 8 EACH SIDE
Follow Dana on Instagram @danalinnbailey for more videos and tips!
Looking for the perfect bundle to use to level up your training? The brand new Ultimate Training Stack combines our top-of-the-line Preworkout and Intraworkout to ensure your performance is top-tier. Shop and save now!